ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity and success.
Hazardous Materials Management and Occupational Hygiene Services
ECOH is currently seeking a professional with a solid background in hazardous materials assessment and abatement, indoor air quality assessment and/or occupational monitoring. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a team of diverse and well respected professionals. The successful candidate will take part in the development and mentoring of junior staff, in addition to having the opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
- Overseeing Health Overseeing Hazardous Materials and Mould consulting projects, including assessments, contract/proposal preparation, remediation/abatement, financial analysis and quality assurance;
- Managing and overseeing projects ensuring a continuous work flow and timely completion of projects, and keeping projects on budget.
- Assigning work to employees ensuring projects are staffed with the appropriate expertise.
- Client development, marketing and business development activities;
- Participating in the development of new services and/or related techniques in accordance with Company goals and objectives.
- A University degree in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 5-8 year of related experience within the consulting industry.
- Achievement of a professional accreditation designation would be considered an asset.
- Time and resource management- ability to provide junior staff with the appropriate direction, guidance, and instructions, maximizing resource allocations.
- Willingness and effort to share technical knowledge and expertise with peers.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients and fellow staff; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent budgetary skills exercised for the management of projects and resources.
- Strong written/verbal communications, and presentation skills- ability to present technical data and theories effectively to internal staff and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance is required (work related travel will be compensated)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
Environmental Scientist - Hazardous Materials Management
As an Environmental Scientist, duties will include providing technical support in the following areas of environmental consulting:
- Inspection of abatement projects (asbestos, lead, mould) to monitor contractor’s compliance with ECOH specifications, industry standards and applicable regulations.
- Air monitoring for asbestos and analysis by phase contrast microscopy (PCM).
- Other types of air monitoring, including RCS, Air-o-cell, CO2, Temperature and Humidity, etc., as required on a project-by-project basis.
- Building Surveys for asbestos, mould and designated substances.
- Collecting comprehensive field notes and generating client reports from employee notes.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (“ESAs), Phase II ESA’s, Phase III ESA’s, etc.).
- Proposal and report writing.
- 1 - 2 Years previous consulting experience preferred but not mandatory.
- A University degree or college diploma in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Related experience in a similar capacity would be considered an asset.
- Time and resource management- ability to multitask.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours of work and client demands.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow staff, project managers, senior management and clients; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written/verbal English communications.
- Excellent attention to detail (required for field notes, reporting and data collection).
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance is required (work related travel will be compensated).
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
We’re building a team of talented people with a variety of skills, abilities and backgrounds who are ready to jump into a fun, dynamic, team spirited environment. Our overall compensation package is comprehensive, competitive, and in line with market conditions. Get started – Connect with us and submit your resume to email@example.com!
contact US for more information
For further information, please email or call us at
905.795.2800 or toll free at 1.866.231.6855.