ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership team manages our business through guiding values
september 10, 2018
ECOH Management is currently looking for an Occupational Hygienist to join our team!
You will be a member of our OHS group. As an Occupational Hygienist, you will be providing occupational hygiene support to a variety of client types. You will be initially working under the supervision of project managers and senior team members, with the opportunity to rapidly assume increasing autonomy and responsibility.
Here is what you will get to do:
• Prepare and calibrate sampling equipment for field use
• Conduct site assessments for asbestos, mould, lead, etc.
• Sample collection in the field, data interpretation and preparation of reports
• Interpret and/or analyze sample/data results in relation to legislative requirements and
industry accepted guidelines and criteria
• Supervise asbestos and mould abatement activities
• Identify site issues or project concerns and recommend corrective actions
• Conduct indoor air quality and occupational hygiene assessments (i.e. chemical exposures,
metals, noise, ergonomics, etc.)
• Be involved in basic client liaison to ensure health, safety and occupational hygiene needs
are addressed and met
• Participate in the Health and Safety programs
• Participate in the Quality Control program
• Flexibility in meeting client schedules - evening, night and weekend work may be required
• Office and field related work and periodic overtime work will be required
• Travel within the country will be required
Here are the skills you will possess:
• Enrolment in occupational hygiene, safety, chemical or environmental programs
• Knowledge of occupational hygiene and asbestos-related issues and experience with
conducting water damage, mould and IAQ assessments considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills
• Possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle, with appropriate registration and
• Requirement to wear personal protective equipment - i.e. respiratory protection, hard hat,
high-visibility vests, fire retardant coveralls, safety boots and safety glasses
• A desire to broaden range of professional skills
• Able to adapt quickly, while managing a busy workload
• Have proven problem-solving skills
• Office Software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Enthusiastic and versatile, willing to take on responsibility
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
This position offers benefits including health and dental coverage, vacation time, LTD, life insurance and the opportunity to participate in ECOH’s RRSP program.
ECOH treats all employees and candidates with dignity and respect regardless of their gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religious belief, etc. We embrace the diversity of our people, and value their individuality. ECOH employees are genuinely appreciated for what makes each of them unique, and we embrace our culture.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH. Only those considered applicants will be contacted.
We’re building a team of talented people with a variety of skills, abilities and backgrounds who are ready to jump into a fun, dynamic, team spirited environment!
contact US for more information
For further information, please email or call us at
905.795.2800 or toll free at 1.866.231.6855.