Environmental Scientist, Hazardous Materials
ECOH Management is currently looking for an Environmental Scientist to join our Hazardous Materials team. As an Environmental Scientist you will perform field site investigations and collect, input, analyze and organize data to assist senior staff in report preparation. You will also perform field monitoring duties, interacting with third party and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contract, federal, provincial and local guidelines.
Here is what you will be doing:
Inspection of abatement projects (asbestos, lead, mould) to monitor contractor’s compliance with ECOH specifications, industry standards and applicable regulations.
Air monitoring for asbestos and analysis by phase contrast microscopy (PCM).
Other types of air monitoring, including RCS, Air-o-cell, CO2, Temperature and Humidity, etc., as required on a project-by-project basis.
Building Surveys for asbestos, mould and designated substances.
Collecting comprehensive field notes and generating client reports from employee notes.
Proposal and report writing.
Here are the skills you will possess:
A University degree or college diploma in Environmental Science, Architectural Technology, Building Technology or related discipline.
Related experience in a similar capacity would be considered an asset.
· Time and resource management- ability to multitask.
· Willingness to be flexible with hours of work and client demands.
· Ability to work effectively with fellow staff, project managers, senior management and clients; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong written/verbal English communications.
· Excellent attention to detail (required for field notes, reporting and data collection).
· Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance is required (work related travel will be compensated).
· General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
This position offers benefits including health and dental coverage, vacation time, LTD, life insurance and the opportunity to participate in ECOH’s RRSP program.
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH. Only those considered applicants will be contacted.