Healthcare settings require specialized environmental controls due to the presence of immune-suppressed patients. The issue of Nosocomial (Hospital-Acquired) Infections has received much attention by media and regulatory agencies throughout North America. Specific controls are mandated by various regulations, standards and guidelines related to routine building maintenance, renovation and construction projects.
ECOH offers programs specifically designed for operations and projects in healthcare facilities. Our infection control courses range from 4-hour general awareness training to two-day courses for construction management personnel. For outlines of available training courses, please refer to the Training Directory. Our services help you ensure compliance with infection control standards.
Our services include:
- Sampling for biological hazards like Legionella and mould
- DOP Testing of Negative Air Units and HEPA Vacuums
- Facility and HVAC inspections and assessments for potential growth of mould and bacteria (e.g. Legionella)
- Infection control training programs
- Design of infection control programs for routine building operations and renovation/construction projects
- Pre-construction assessment and preparation of project specifications
- Monitoring and inspection of infection control procedures during construction projects
- Post-construction assessment
contact us for more information
For further information, please email or call us at
905.795.2800 or toll free at 1.866.231.6855