Potential occupational exposure to ionizing radiation may occur due to Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM), which contain radioactive elements naturally present in the environment. NORM in the form of radon gas is a concern for industrial/municipal-scale water treatment, in tunnels and underground facilities, and in indoor air at residential, industrial, institutional and commercial properties.
ECOH can help you determine the level of potential exposure to NORM, evaluate risk, and recommend ways to control exposure to levels as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA).
Our services include:
- Assessment of exposure to ionizing radiation in a variety of sectors, including:
- Oil & gas;
- Mineral extraction and processing;
- Metal recycling;
- Coal power generation;
- Wood processing.
- Radon measurements in residential, commercial, institutional and industrial facilities, including
- Federally-regulated workplaces subject to Health Canada NORM Management Guidelines;
- Water treatment facilities;
- Underground workplaces.
- Practical evaluation of risks posed by NORM
- Development of controls to minimize workplace exposure to ionizing radiation from NORM
contact us for more information
For further information, please email or call us at
905.795.2800 or toll free at 1.866.231.6855