Accounting Coordinator, Mississauga
ECOH’s Mississauga Head Office is currently looking for an Accounting Coordinator to support their Accounting Team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for the provision of timely financial and accounting information and the safeguard of company assets. He or she also ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Here is what you will be doing:
Accounting Support Activities
- Liaise with Project Managers regarding project contracts, budgets, change orders, invoicing requirements, and subcontractor bills/issues (plus, maintaining records of all).
- Support the Project Managers in financial related matters, including the tracking of budget status, and summaries of costs-to-date for internal use or submission to clients.
- Liaise with clients, if required, regarding invoicing requirements and payment status.
- Liaise with subcontractors or suppliers, if required, regarding payment terms, credit applications, or payment disputes.
- Perform Accounts Receivable/Revenue related transactions, including the production of invoices to clients, and subsequent follow-up of payment.
- Perform Accounts Payable/Expense related transactions, including the recording of Subcontractor bills and Employee expense reports, and subsequent payment thereof.
- Coordinate the timesheet entry process of recording project hours and ensure that individual project hours are being tracked properly, as they are the main source of the company’s revenue.
- Perform banking-related functions, including the writing of cheques for signature, the application of payments received from clients to the related Accounts Receivable balances, and reconciling the monthly bank statements.
Processing of Payroll
- Process the Bi-weekly payroll for all employees.
- Ensure that all employee changes/updates are maintained and completed in QuickBooks.
- Maintain vacation and time in lieu accruals.
Here are the job requirements:
- A college diploma or university degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience an asset.
- Achievement of the payroll accreditation/certification is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting principles and ability to apply these in daily work activities.
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to recognize the errors of others.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients, and fellow staff, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgement pertaining to business activities and directions.
- Maintain confidentiality and the company’s interests at all times.
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated; demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates strong support of corporate initiatives and company processes.
- Strong written/verbal communications-demonstrates the ability to present recommendations, relevant process training and information effectively to staff.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Willingness to work in a co-operative environment and share work responsibilities with other staff, as needed.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit https://www.ecoh.ca/
You may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
Mississauga Office: 75 Courtneypark Drive West,
Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
Ottawa Office: 666 Kirkwood Avenue,
Unit 100, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5X9
Mississauga - O: 905.795.2800
Ottawa - O: 613.699.2295