Environmental Scientist-HAZ (Ottawa)
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety, and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing the entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH’s Ottawa location is currently looking for an Environmental Scientist/Technologist to join our team. As an Environmental Scientist/Technologist, you will perform field site investigations and collect, input, analyze and organize data to assist senior staff in report preparation. You will also perform field monitoring duties, interacting with third party and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contract, federal, provincial, and local guidelines.
If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for people, diverse environments, and embracing new opportunities. Here is what you will be doing:
- Inspection of abatement projects (asbestos, lead, mould) to monitor contractor’s compliance with ECOH specifications, industry standards and applicable regulations.
- Air monitoring for asbestos and analysis by phase contrast microscopy (PCM).
- Other types of air monitoring, including RCS, Air-o-cell, CO2, Temperature and Humidity, etc., as required on a project-by-project basis.
- Building Surveys for asbestos, mould and designated substances.
- Soil sampling and groundwater monitoring.
- Environmental assessments.
- Indoor air quality assessments and industrial hygiene investigations.
- Collecting comprehensive field notes and generating client reports from employee notes.
- Proposal and report writing.
- After-hours work and travel (at times out of province) may be required.
Here are the Job Requirements:
- A University degree or college diploma in Environmental Science, Architectural Technology, Building Technology, or related discipline.
- 1 to 2 years related experience in a similar capacity would be preferred.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in French would be considered an asset.
- Time and resource management- ability to multitask.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours of work and client demands.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow staff, project managers, senior management, and clients, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written/verbal English communications.
- Excellent attention to detail (required for field notes, reporting and data collection).
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance is required (work related travel will be compensated).
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit https://www.ecoh.ca/
You may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name of the position in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
75 Courtneypark Drive West, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
1 866 231 6855