Project Manager-HAZ, Mississauga
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH is currently looking for a Project Manager to join our Hazardous Materials team, Mississauga. As a Project Manager you will be primarily responsible for overseeing consulting projects, including contract/proposal preparation, financial activities related to the scope of the projects assigned, and quality assurance of the services performed. The Project Manager works with the Manager-Operations, to ensure the development, training, and the progression of field staff. The Project Manager will possess relevant academic training, a moderate degree of technical knowledge, and a minimum of five years of related technical experience.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of consulting projects.
- Managing and occasionally supervising hazardous materials sampling activities at various types of contaminated sites, including, but not limited to industrial, commercial, military, and other federal, provincial, and municipal sites. These responsibilities in such studies will mostly consist of the coordination of such work done by other staff and/or subcontractors.
- Planning, conducting, supervising, reporting and reviewing the work of others for consulting projects.
- Designing programs to meet the scope and regulatory requirements.
Quality Control, Quality Assurance & Policy Compliance
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of technical reports. This includes the reports or components of reports that have been prepared by staff.
- Ensuring that regulatory requirements and project objectives meet deliverables for each assigned project.
- Reviewing, modifying and signing of technical reports confirming quality control and quality assurance.
- Building consensus on policy and procedures and ensuring these are followed and complied with.
- Maintaining project management control systems, and document standards and for areas under his/her control (e.g. proposals, reports, specifications, standard operating procedures, etc.).
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of internal reporting documents (time & expense reports, purchase orders, etc.).
Project & Financial Management
- Managing and overseeing projects ensuring a continuous work flow and timely completion of projects.
- Scheduling services with clients and coordinating staffing to ensure that all project requirements are satisfied.
- Presenting results and or presentations to clients in meetings.
- Scheduling audits, assessments and or meetings with clients/contractors.
- Ensuring projects are performed in accordance with the proposal.
- Issuing of amendments and changes pertaining to the scope, schedule or responsibilities.
- Timely processing of subcontractor invoices, reviewing of charges on projects, modifying pending invoices and approving of project expenses.
- Preparing invoicing on a timely basis in line with company requirements and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Effective management of the work in progress to ensure work is billed accurately and timely.
- Working with accounting to resolve problems related to outstanding invoices.
- Ensuring all related project expenses are accounted for and charged to the project- this includes completing own timesheets and expense claims on time.
- Ensuring effective working capital management of the areas under his/her control (i.e. maximizing financial return on projects).
- Regular review and analysis of the financial performance of his/her projects.
- Taking time to review and discuss the financial performance of projects, seeking explanations on variances.
- Maintaining strong profitability in the areas that they control (includes ensuring appropriate utilization levels are maintained, all resources are used effectively, etc.).
- Resolving project issues to ensure that client requirements are met in the most efficient financial manner.
Marketing Activities and Client Development
- Participating in marketing initiatives, including attendance at trade shows that are beneficial to the growth and success of the company.
- Performing direct marketing to clients, meeting with clients to determine requirements and preparing proposals including cost estimates.
- Assisting in the development of new products, services and/or related techniques in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Keeping abreast of developments within the industry and identifying new opportunities.
Supervision of Staff
- Delegating responsibilities and providing direction and instruction to field staff as required.
- Providing employees with specialized guidance, technical expertise, advice and training.
- Ensuring an environment of good communication so that employees’ concerns are addressed.
- Supervision of field staff that have been assigned to his/her projects.
- Working with Manager-Operations to ensure all field staff meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance.
Here are the job requirements:
- A University degree or college diploma Architectural Construction Technology, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Geological Sciences is required.
- Ability to wear PPE, including (if required) respiratory protection, specialized clothing, work boots, hard hats hearing protection, etc.
- Time and resource management- ability to provide field staff with the appropriate direction, guidance, and instructions.
- Ability to provide feedback to staff consistently, constructively and appropriately.
- Demonstrates strong support of corporate initiatives and plans.
- Willingness to share technical knowledge and expertise with peers.
- Excellent employee relations- ability to motivate, develop and mentor field staff.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients, and contractors, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgement pertaining to business and project activities.
- Strong budgetary skills exercised for the management of projects and resources.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills- Demonstrates the ability to present technical data effectively to internal staff and clients.
- Ability to travel out of city or province for various periods.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance must be always maintained.
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of other technical related software programs (as required).
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit ecoh.ca
Qualified candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
75 Courtneypark Drive West, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
1 866 231 6855