Project Manager, Ottawa
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian environmental, health and safety consulting company. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH’s Ottawa location is currently looking for a Project Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing consulting projects, including contract/proposal preparation, financial activities related to the scope of the projects assigned, and quality assurance of the services performed. The Project Manager works with the Operations Manager to ensure the development, training, and the progression of field staff. You will work alongside the Operations Manager to help grow the Ottawa business and client base. The Project Manager will possess relevant academic training, a moderate degree of technical knowledge, and a minimum of five years of related technical experience in the areas of Environmental, Hazardous Materials or Occupational Hygiene.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of consulting projects.
- Manage and occasionally supervise hazardous materials sampling activities and other various project activities related to Environmental and/or Occupational Hygiene, at various types of contaminated sites, including, but not limited to industrial, commercial, military, and other federal, provincial, and municipal sites.
- Plan, conduct, supervise, report, and review the work of others for consulting projects.
- Design programs to meet the scope and regulatory requirements.
Quality Control, Quality Assurance & Policy Compliance
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of technical reports.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements and project objectives meet deliverables for each assigned project.
- Review, modify and sign technical reports.
- Build consensus on policy and procedures and ensuring these are followed.
- Maintain project management control systems, and document standards for your areas.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of internal reporting documents.
Project & Financial Management
- Manage and oversee projects to ensure a continuous workflow and timely completion.
- Schedule services with clients and coordinating staffing to ensure that all project requirements are satisfied.
- Present results and or presentations to clients in meetings.
- Schedule audits, assessments and or meetings with clients/contractors.
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with the proposal.
- Issue amendments and changes pertaining to the scope, schedule, or responsibilities.
- Timely processing of subcontractor invoices, reviewing of charges on projects, modifying pending invoices and approving of project expenses.
- Prepare invoicing on a timely basis and ensure work is billed accurately and timely.
- Work with accounting to resolve problems related to outstanding invoices.
- Ensure all related project expenses are accounted for and charged to the project.
- Ensure effective working capital management of the areas under your control.
- Regular review and analysis of the financial performance of projects.
- Review and discuss the financial performance of projects, seeking explanations on variances.
- Maintain strong profitability in the areas that you control.
- Resolve project issues to ensure that client requirements are met in the most efficient financial manner.
Marketing Activities and Client Development
- Participate in marketing initiatives, including attendance at trade shows that are beneficial to the growth and success of the company.
- Perform direct marketing to clients, meeting with clients to determine requirements and preparing proposals including cost estimates.
- Assist in the development of new products, services and/or related techniques in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Keep/stay connected to developments within the industry to identify new opportunities.
Supervision of Staff
- Delegate responsibilities and provide direction and instruction to field staff.
- Provide employees with specialized guidance, technical expertise, advice, and training.
- Assist the Operations Manager to provide consistent constructive feedback with respect to the Employee Development Program (EDP) within your group.
- Ensure an environment of good communication so that employees’ concerns are addressed.
- Supervision and mentorship of field staff that have been assigned to projects.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure all field staff meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance.
Here are the job requirements:
- A University degree or college diploma in the areas of Environmental Sciences, Hazardous Materials or Occupational Hygiene is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field is required.
- Ability to wear PPE, including (if required) respiratory protection, specialized clothing, work boots, hard hats hearing protection, etc.
- Time and resource management – ability to provide field staff with the appropriate direction, guidance, and instructions.
- Ability to provide feedback to staff consistently, constructively, and appropriately.
- Demonstrates strong support of corporate initiatives and plans.
- Willingness to share technical knowledge and expertise with peers.
- Excellent employee relations- ability to motivate, develop and mentor field staff.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients, and contractors, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgement pertaining to business and project activities.
- Strong budgetary skills exercised for the management of projects and resources.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills- Demonstrates the ability to present technical data effectively to internal staff and clients.
- Ability to travel out of city or province for various periods.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance must be always maintained.
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of other technical related software programs (as required).
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. Qualified candidates can submit their resume through this link.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH. Only those considered applicants will be contacted.
75 Courtneypark Drive West, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
1 866 231 6855