ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Specialist to join our growing Business Development team. Focused on winning Buildings and Real Estate public and private projects, you will take ownership of the proposal production process working collaboratively end to end to deliver competitive proposals.
The value you bring to the team will support the business in the following ways: 1) Team leadership and oversight with various stakeholders throughout the RFP and proposal production process – identification, preparation, coordination, development and follow-up; 2) Technical writing that communicates ECOH’s capabilities and provides a solution oriented response to our clients challenges; 3) Optimize the capability and purpose of a Client Relationship Management systems tool to improve opportunity and sales pipeline management, win rates, and support client account management; 4) Creativity and inspiration working collaboratively with the Director of Business Development to execute annual strategic plans to achieve the goals and objectives of the company.
If you enjoy working with people, can keep an eye on details, and bring a diverse skill set to the team. Here is what you will be doing:
- Research business opportunities and monitor online tender websites daily for prospective projects, and source new online RFP opportunities.
- Coordinate the analysis, selection and response to RFPs, RFQs, VORs by providing a summary of suitable opportunities to the appropriate Service Line Leader to establish bid/no bid action.
- Understand and lead the proposal production process, evaluate requirements, facilitate content, ensure RFP compliance, draft standard sections, schedule timelines/deadlines, and perform proof reading and QA/QC on final submissions.
- Supervise all proposal response efforts, with special attention towards leading large-scale, high-level RFPs.
- Write various technical sections, including CVs, project experience, executive summary as required.
- Coordinate ECOH’s attendance at mandatory site visits or teleconferences and conduct follow-up communications with tender client representatives as required.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of associated illustrations, graphics and templates ensuring proposal designs are consistent with corporate branding guidelines.
- Manage and maintain proposal drive, content library, proposal databases and related files and systems setting up folders in an efficient and clear way.
- Arrange or conduct debriefs, capture and analyse feedback, and share relevant outcomes recommendations for continuous improvement with team members.
- Maintain database of contracts, service level agreements, and the like.
- Maintain the RFP Log, including all details regarding pending, completed, wins, losses and cancelled opportunities. Produce reports to management.
- Actively participate in opportunity management, monitor sales funnel performance, and CRM database for specific client accounts.
- Continuously improve competitive position from opportunity stage, production process, and post-bid follow-up
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required
Here are the job requirements:
- Previous education in Marketing, Technical writing and/or Business Management an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of job-related experience preferrable.
- Ability to work effectively and build strong relationships with clients, suppliers and staff.
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and meet timelines.
- High level of attention to detail, strong organizational abilities, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated; demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Adobe Design programs and WordPress is an asset.
- Ability to work overtime as required to meet proposal deadlines.
- Candidates with previous environmental consulting and/or Buildings/Real Estate industry experience or working on proposals for public and private sector clients are preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request. For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit ecoh.ca
Please click here to apply Proposal Specialist Application
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
75 Courtneypark Drive West, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
1 866 231 6855