Senior Project Manager – P.Geo, QP, QPESA, Mississauga
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Environmental Team. We are looking for a bright and motivated individual, someone who is ready to contribute to our growth. As the ideal candidate, you are excited by the opportunity to manage and conduct a variety of deliverables including Phase I and II ESA’s and Site remediation client projects. As a Senior Project Manager, you will also be involved in the assessment of quality and provide advice on optimal strategies and technical expertise to the Management team. You will work with the VP of Environmental to ensure the development, training and the progression of Environmental Technologists / Environmental Scientists, Senior Environmental Technologists / Senior Environmental Scientists and Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager will apply his/her experience related to the RSC process and RSC submissions and will hold a P.Geo (Ontario) or P.Eng (Ontario) and a QP or QPESA designation with a high degree of technical knowledge and a minimum of 10 years of related industry experience.
Here is what you will be doing:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the following functions:
- Overseeing and providing technical direction, training and mentorship to a team of Environmental Scientists and Project Managers, ensuring Corporate Standards are met.
- Delegating responsibilities and providing direction and instruction to Project Managers according to ECOH standards and techniques.
- Ensuring an environment of good communication to address employees’ concerns.
- Working with the VP Environmental and the Operations Manager to ensure all project resources meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance.
- Serving as the link between the Project Managers and the Operations Manager to identify and close training gaps.
- Providing consistent constructive and meaningful feedback to Project Managers.
- Participating in the Employee Development Program (EDP) and providing relevant and meaningful input.
- Participating in marketing initiatives including direct marketing to clients, attracting new clients, assisting in the development of new products, services or techniques and generating new revenue streams.
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of consulting projects.
- Composing proposals and reports.
- Conducting technical peer reviews and assisting with Sr. review of Phase I/II ESAs, remedial action plans, risk assessments and implementation of remediation work, with a focus on Record of Site Condition Projects.
- Regular review of financial performance of projects, seeking explanations on variances.
- Maintaining strong profitability in the areas you control.
- Adhering to all company Health and Safety policies and procedures and providing staff with written instruction about Health and Safety measures and procedures to be followed to ensure employee’s protection.
- Implementing specific health and safety plans on a project basis.
Here are the job requirements:
- A University degree in Geological Sciences or Environmental Engineering is required.
- Professional accreditation- P.Geo. (Ontario) or P.Eng. (Ontario) and QPESA designation required.
- Experience related to the RSC process and RSC submissions.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a related field/industry.
- Strong understanding of Municipal, Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including (if required) respiratory protection, specialized clothing, work boots, hard hats hearing protection, fall arrest, etc.
- Willingness to share technical knowledge and expertise with peers.
- Excellent employee and client relations skills.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow project managers, senior management, clients and contractors, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong budgetary skills exercised for the management of projects and resources.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills- Demonstrates the ability to present technical data effectively to internal staff and clients.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance must be maintained at all times.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit https://www.ecoh.ca/
You may submit your resume to email@example.com and include the name of the position in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
75 Courtneypark Drive West, Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
1 866 231 6855